Application Deadline: July 6 (Mon) ＊Japan local time
OverviewThe IGDA scholarships programs provides opportunities for students to attend major game development conferences around the world, including GDC and E3.
CEDEC (Computer Entertainment Developers Conference) and TGS(Tokyo Game Show). thanks to the generous cooperation of CESA(Computer Entertainment Supplier's Association).
Applications are now open till July 6 . Chosen applicants will be given a game
Course 1: CEDEC
August 25 (Tue) Studio Tour / Convivial Gathering
August 26 (Wed) CEDEC
August 27 (Thur) CEDEC / Developers Night party
August 28 (Fri) CEDEC
Course 2: Tokyo Game Show
September 16 (Wed) Studio Tour / Convivial Gathering
September 17 (Tur) Tokyo Game Show (Business day)
September 18 (Fri) Tokyo Game Show (Business day) & "Sense of Wonder Night"
September 19 (Sat) Tokyo Game Show (Public day)& "Indie Game Corner"
September 20 (Sun) (Tokyo Game Show (Public day))
- Each schedules is subjected to change without announcement.
- A One day ticket for a Public Day(Sep.19) at TGS will be given to every scholars.
Scholarship Details- Either a CEDEC Regular Pass or a TGS Business Day Ticket will be provided.
- Scholars will be given a tour of a game studio in Tokyo area, where they will get the opportunity to the studio in action and talk with its developers.
- A relevant industry professional will also be assigned to the scholars as a mentor during the event period.
Studios Tour in 2015
- Aiming Inc.
- TAYUTAU K.K.
TGS course- Aiming Inc.
- LAND HO! CO., LTD.
- DeNA Co.,Ltd.
How many students are participating?
A total of 18 applicants will be chosen, 9 for each event.
- Scholars can only choose one conference (either CEDEC or TGS)
- former scholars for CEDEC and TGS scholarship can't send any applications. Other scholars (GDC, E3...) will be acceptable.
- Associated costs such as travel fare, accommodations, and meals are NOT covered by the scholarship program
- The studio tour is subject to cancellation based on the studio’s schedule. However, scholars will still be able to attend the conference they chose.
- Every scholars have to write a report in English or Japanese after programs. They will be uploaded on website (check them).
- Every scholars have to cooperate with our survey. It will be send to studios which cooperate tours.
How To ApplyPlease carefully read through the conditions below before filling out the application form. A link to the application can be found at the top of this entry.
Prerequisites (applicants must fulfil the following conditions)
- daily conversation skill in Japanese (This program is open for international students but Japanese speakers should have priority for selection)
- Applicants must be 18 years old or older
- Applicants must be a currently enrolled student in a vocational school or college, or a recent graduate
- Applicants must be fully interested in working in the Japanese game industry
- Applicants must be a IGDA member (registration can be done, an IGDA membership number is required as part of the application form)
Deadline: July 6(Mon) *Japan local time
Mentors wanted!IGDA Japan is currently looking for game industry professionals who wish to provide an exciting and fruitful experience for chosen applicants of the scholarship program. Mentors will accompany the scholars during the period, helping them with career advice, introductions to other professionals, or with any questions the scholars may have. Please be aware that mentors are asked to accompany the scholars for at least one hour a day during the event (either during CEDEC: August 26 - 28, or during TGS: September 17 - 19).
If you wish to become a mentor for the CEDEC2014 & TGS2014 scholarship program, please email us (contact information at the bottom) with the following details by July 31st (Fri):
- Your name
- Company name
- Job title
- Experience in the game industry
- Latest title you worked on
- Mobile number
- Facebook link (if applicable)
- Estimated time you can accommodate for the scholars during the event
*Please note that mentors will NOT be provided with a CEDEC or TGS pass
Is your studio ready for a student tour?IGDA Japan is currently looking for game development companies who are interested in giving chosen applicants a tour of their studio. For more details, please contact us at the email address below.
For all queries regarding the program, please contact Kenji Ono (IGDA Japan Chairman) at firstname.lastname@example.org .